Home Health Care: According to Wikipedia, “Home care aims to make it possible for people to remain at home rather than use residential, long-term, or institutional-based nursing care. Home Care providers render services in the client’s own home. These services may include some combination of professional health care services and life assistance services. Life assistance services include help with daily tasks such as Meal Preparation, Medication reminders, Laundry, Light Housekeeping, Errands, Shopping, Transportation, and Companionship. Activities of daily living (ADL) refers to six activities (bathing, dressing, transferring, using the toilet, eating, and walking) that reflect the patient’s capacity for self-care.”
1. People are living longer, but usually have one or more chronic diseases along with a decline in their mental capacity. This makes it not only difficult for them to try to live on their own, but unsafe as well. As we age many of us just need help. Living longer is great, but many times it because harder and harder to be on our own.
2. The top five chronic illnesses were diabetes, hypertension, arthritis, musculoskeletal diseases, heart failure, and chronic pulmonary disease. I know we all plan to be healthy and live long but it doesn’t always happen that way. These diseases seem to crop up on us, unfortunately.
3. There are resources out there that can provide high quality customized home medical care and non-medical care services for any age and any medical condition. People need to realize that there are many services available for different types of situations.
4. Assistance can be provided to help elderly family members who may live out of town to live safely and independently in their own home. There’s nothing worse than being far away from home and living alone. With this type of assistance, it is possible to have piece of mind.
5. Terminally ill persons usually want to spend the time they have remaining in the comfort of their own home around family and friends. This can be a monumental task for family members who usually work each day. The demands related to this type of help for your loved one can be exhausting.